Wednesday, June 4, 2008

life is short

time passes quickly.
my grandad's best bud from secondary school just died recently. of cancer. i had met him in september when i had come down. he was going to take me south to show me the old areas, but i was busy that weekend. then model un happened, kelvin came, carnival, stella, easter... and all of march and april it was on my mind to call him. when i finally called in mid april, i was told he was in the hospital with cancer. i didn't know how to get there or when visiting hours would be. i wanted to go at the right time for me. i had planned to go this weekend after french class.
but then this evening the phone rang and my aunt was telling me how someone had called to say that they'd seen his death notice in the paper. his funeral had been just this weekend gone.
while i was in tobago.
R.I.P. Edgar McNish.
At least now the old boys are liming together =)

life is short.

you should always trust your instincts when they knock, not when its convenient.

and, you should always try to enjoy everything, while living the best life you can (without hurting others of course!)

~~~~~and in other news~~~~~~
england beat trinidad 3-nil
there are 2 more weeks of school and i still have full units to teach,
but,
i'll have all the culminatings in by this friday
i still dont have a job

there was a man in my yard at 530 monday morning. he had tried to rob one of my neighbours. then he ran behind my house (my bedroom window) and jumped over the wall.

the argyle falls are still beautiful and you can find the best rocks to nap on there
i threw up into the sea last friday
i -didn't- go out and swim with the sting ray
the boat captain proposed to me and serenaded me... i found out later he's a married, devout, seventh-day adventist
oh the life of tobago tour guides! the crap they can spew. i guess that's part of the package. =|

No comments: